Can you sew? We need your help!
There is a national shortage of face masks, and public and private officials are working to address national and global supply challenges. The IL Department of Public Health has mandated that all staff wear maks. If you are able, please make some fabric masks for our staff to wear while serving our members.
Please construct masks using the following specifications:
- 100% cotton fabric, tightly woven, minimum of 160 thread count per square inch
- Ties and tape – 100% cotton – white or natural color – minimum ¼ inch thick
- Nose piece – minimum 4 inches long – plastic coated wire twist ties
- Mask size when complete – 7 inches wide by 3.75 inches long
- 3 pleats per mask facing upward (from outside view)
- The mask should have two layers of fabric
There are many different patterns available on the internet, please choose one that meets the specifications above.
Please send the masks to Frick Center at 2124 W 82nd Place, Chicago, Illinois 60620